Department of Advanced Information Technology
Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering (ISEE)
Kyushu University, Japan.
[Broad Research Area]
Personalized Data, Telemedicine/Remote HealthCare System, Community Big Data.
– Journal Papers
• Mehdi HASAN, Mamoru ITO and Ashir AHMED, ”Dissemination of Personalised Agricultural Knowledge for Farmers in Bangladesh”, International Journal of Innovative Research and Development (IJIRD) Vol.5, Issue. 3, 2016. ISSN 2278-0211 (online).
– Conferences Papers
• Mehdi HASAN, Fumihiko Yokota, Akira Fukuda and Ashir Ahmed, “Errors in Remote Healthcare System: Where, How and by Whom“, IEEE Xplore, TENCON 2017, Malaysia 2017.
• Mehdi HASAN, Jason Wang, Iqbal Hossain, Kazi Rafiqul Islam and Ashir Ahmed, “Extended Abstract-Errors in Remote HealthCare Data and a Suitable Algorithm to Detect Them: A Case Study of Portable Health Clinic in Bangladesh“, International Conference on HealthCare, SDG and Social Business, Tokyo, Japan. (February 21-22, 2017)
• Mehdi HASAN, Mamoru ITO and Ashir AHMED, “Mobile Value Added Services to Disseminate Customised Agriculture Knowledge for Farmers Community in Bangladesh”, Global Social Business Summit, GSBS Academia Conference, Berlin Germany. (November 3-4, 2015) (to be published).
• Mehdi Hasan, “How Was mBanking Successfully Embraced in Bangladesh”, ICT Works, Feb 20th, 2015.
• Software Engineer, BRAC, Bangladesh (2008-2014).
• IT Specialist, International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation Project, Joint Collaboration with University of Waterloo and Dhaka University, funded by World Health Organisation (2007-2008).
• Capacity Development Consultant (2012-2013), Institute of Integrated Rural Development, Bangladesh.
• Technical Consultant (2011-2012), Activity for Reformation of Basic Needs, Bangladesh.
• September 2016: Master’s in Information Systems (major in Information and Communication Technology for Development-ICT4D), Kobe Institute of Computing, Japan.
• June 2007: B.Sc. (Engineering) in Computer Science and Engineering, Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.
[Current Project Involvement]
• Portable Health Clinic (PHC) (Collaboration with KDDI, Omron, JST) (2016-2019).
• Mobility and ICT to Create Social Values (Collaboration with Toyota) (2017-2019).
• Non-Communicable Diseases for Rural Community (NCD) Project-2009-2010, involved with BRAC.
• Essential Health Care (EHC) Project-2011-2012, involved with BRAC.
• Integrated Collaboration of Rapid Emergency Support Service for Disaster Prone Community (2012-2014), involved with BRAC.
• Information Technology Volunteer Community, Copenhagen, Denmark (2015).
• Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), Delhi, India (2014).
• TATA Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai, India (2011).
• Errors in Remote HealthCare Data: A Suitable Algorithm to Detect Them, Nagoya Leading Forum, Japan (2017).
• Errors in Remote HealthCare System: Where, How and by Whom?, The 1st International COnference on HealthCare, SDGs and Social Business, Japan (2016).
• Teaching Assistant, Information Communication Technology for Masses Course, Kyushu University (Oct 2017-Mar 2018).
• Teaching Assistant, ICT4D Course, Kobe Institute of Computing (April 2015-March 2016).
• Member of IEEE and IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology.
[Award and Achievements]
• Best research paper award at The 1st Internation Conference on HealthCare, SDGs, and Social Business-2017.
• Monbukagakusho (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology-MEXT) from Japanese Government (2014-2016).
• Vice Chancellor Special Category scholarship (2006-2007), Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.
• Grant for research from Institute of Decision Science & Sustainable Society (IDS3), Kyushu University (2016-2019).
• Travel grant for participation in NTT R&D seminar 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
• Travel grant for participation in Nagoya University Leading Forum 2017, Nagoya, Japan.
• Project Grant-Microsoft-World Bank Youth Innovation Challenge (2011-2012).
• Capacity Development Grant-BRAC (2009-2010).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com